Paris my love
Not usual for me to write in English.
My blog is called "un regard sur l'Amérique" which means "a view of America". I tried to share pictures, emotions, feelings and funny things I can notice here in my host country, the United States.
But today, after the tragic events on this dark Friday, November 13th in France, I feel the need to switch to English to share with all my friends another side of Paris, the one that I always experienced and loved.
Paris and all French people were deeply hurted and it was so hard to see such a violence in my country and to be far away. I need to make a break with America and American culture to show pictures of Paris and the French style.
I'm sure that you know Paris as the city of love, fashion or luxury. That's true but this is only part of the regular cliché. Paris is much more....
In Paris, all your senses are awaked, it is a real pleasure to wander in the streets and discover secrets, like tiny places or paths, in each borough.
Here are some pictures about the Paris I love so much....
The magnificence of Paris enjoys you eyes at every corner streets :
- avenues and their beautiful buildings called the Haussmanian buildings
In Paris, your ears are so stimulated with :
- the music in the streets as well as in the metro
- the traffic noise and the sound of horns, Parisian people could be nervous in their small cars
- or the sound of bicycle bells as lots of people are now riding bikes
Some places in Paris have a specific scent :
- the painting smell in the "place du Tertre"
- the acrid smell in the metro
- the smell of the roasted chicken on the sidewalk or hot fresh pastries
- the smell of fish, vegetables and fruits during the weekly market where people from the neigborhood meet every Saturday or Sunday morning
Or the smell of old books along the Seine River
Paris, the city of touch. For sure :
- feeling the lawn in the park
- Cooling your foot in the waterway
But overall, Paris is the city of the taste with thousands of restaurants and pubs. It is on the terraces where you can really feel the French way of life
And Paris, it is also
Paris is a wonderful city where music, arts, cultural heritage, food and friendship are playing an important role. I am proud of my country, its values and I hope we will stay the same for a while.
I am thinking of all these persons who passed away just because they wanted to enjoy life in their city. Most of them died just because they loved rock music, so let's make the music go on.
CHOLLET Régine 03/12/2015 21:23
CLAS' family 07/12/2015 15:37
AnneDelisle 22/11/2015 18:23
CLAS' family 26/11/2015 01:55